Saturday, March 19, 2011

The job hunt is proving to be a job in itself. I have been one of the great Unwashed for over 7 weeks now. I have applied for about 2 jobs a week in that period and have had a variety of results, however they have all ended in failure so far. Some people don't bother to reply and some reply very hastily. I think agencies have such narrow briefs from their clients and don't have enough expertise to determine the quality of the candidates.
But it 's all a bit moot at present since I have gout. I couldn't believe it. My right foot swelled up and my toes looked like sausages. It started on Thursday and I thought it was some mild form of thrombosis brought on by tight shoes worn during my walk. When I woke up on Friday I was greeted by fat toes and a swollen foot that was very painful to walk on. So frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment